Friday, March 3, 2017

Embracing the Swirl

Type, type, type. Delete. Type, type. Delete.  Let the mind wander. Try again. 

This isn't writer's block. I have no shortage of topics to address.  Rather, they swirl.  I can't pin them down today.

This weekend I'm participating in a writing retreat.  We've rented a cabin in a state park.  My friend and I will spend the evening there together and reconnect before the rest arrive tomorrow.  The retreat will be grounding.  It will offer clarity. I'll be with my people.  They'll light the fire for me again.

So for now I simply need to embrace the swirl.  All will settle.  And when it does, I'll find the words.

6 comments:

  1. I write out little snapshots for blog posts in my notebook. It really does help when the words won't come. I also have a few stand-by fill in the blank posts that help.

    The writing retreat will be amazing, I'll bet. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time with SOL and I'm dreading the day I will not know what to write. I guess I will take your advice and embrace the swirl!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embracing the swirl.... I like your description! Wonderful 😀 ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Embrace the swirl...we have all been there! Here's to writing renewal this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great way to describe it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the image "embrace my swirl". Some days are definitely like that. What a wonderful way to spend the weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete