Saturday, March 4, 2017

Life, Amplified

Quiet.  It’s been years since I’ve truly experienced this deep, uninterrupted stretch of quiet.  Having grown so unaccustomed to it, initially, a sense of panic sort of set in.  I’m alone.  There are no distractions.  I’m surrounded by beauty and nature.  A quieting solitude. 

Feeling on edge, I took a walk.  There my lungs filled with fresh air.  The shadows of twilight danced between the stalks of tall pines.  The wind rustled the leaves, nature’s wind chimes.  I could hear the sound of the water gulp as the geese waded into the pond.  It was as if everything was amplified.


But it is no different than any other time.  The only thing that has changed is that I’m noticing it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the images you created.Amplified quiet. Great descriptions.

    ReplyDelete