Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Things I've Said Today

I often don't think about the words I say in a day until I realize I have an audience.  This is life.  On the phone with my dear friend tonight, I was reminded of audience.  She was an unwitting observer of the chaos in which I live and the sheer amount of words I exchange with them in a day.  The oldest wasn't home yet.  He brings in a dynamic all his own.  This just encompasses the two littles.

For you, a window:

Sit your bottom down right now!
Levi Finn, do not touch that!
Consequences.  Consequences.
I love you, too, sweetheart.

Milo Augustus!  Do not throw that!
Why are you making a mess?
Don't eat that!
I'm sorry I yelled, sweet baby.

Do not feed that to the dog!
Levi Finn! Milo Augustus!
No wrestling!
Levi! Nice eyes!  Look at your brother with nice eyes!

Awww.  You guys are so sweet to each other.
Stop touching.  Stop touching right now!
Do you want to watch a cartoon?
Levi! Milo! Be nice boys!

Thank you for the picture, buddy.
Yes! I see you drew our family. I love it!
Yes! You wrote your name!
You're such a big boy!

Levi Finn!  1 ... 2... Do not make me say 3!
I know it was an accident, sweetheart.
Yes, baby, I still love you.
Yes, baby, I am so proud of you.

You two are the sweetest little boys.
Mommy loves you so much.

3 comments:

  1. LOL. I love this. And, FYI, while you say this at home, I'm pretty sure I say these things in my classroom, And I think that tomorrow, I'm going to keep a list for my own blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids (at school) and I joke when I say to them the same things I say to my own cherubs at home.

      Delete
  2. So enjoyed this. Took me back to my own kids. Some days I was glad I wasn't taped! lol

    ReplyDelete